Wednesday, May 8, 2019

6th Grade PBL by Ariana W.

The 6th Grade
    PBL
___
By Ariana Wilkes

Welcome!

         Welcome to this week’s blog! This time, we will be looking at the 6th grade’s PBL! You might be wondering what a PBL is. Well, a PBL stands for Problem Based Learning. So, a PBL is an assignment based on a real-world problem, and your goal is to find a way to fix the problem.

The BIG question

         The problem the entire 6th grade, including me, was facing, was about the 5th graders. How can we help lower the anxiety and stress levels of 5th graders that are almost 6th graders?

Groups

         The 6th grade core teachers got a list of kids from both cores, and decided on how to split their kids into groups. For example, Mrs. Terrell grouped kids together by their last names. My group consisted of Arieon Maestas, Bowden Vigil, Ashley Vigil, (who are not related) Kaydaen Woodden, Prophet Waltrip, and myself.

Soulutions

         There were multiple different solutions to this problem. My group’s solution was to make a Fortnite skin, and no, it was not my idea. According to my group, a Fortnite skin will help lower stress levels because it will show kids who use it what it means to work together, and spread school pride. One of my favorites was to make little survival kits for the 6th graders. The survival kits consist of gum, pencils, water, and erasers. Another one was to do homework help during Ram-Time, or study hall.

Presenting

         When we presented our PBL ideas, we had to present it to some people from Columbine Middle School, and others from outside. The panel I presented to consisted of our head principal, Mr. Stephenson, an 8th grader, and two outsiders. Presenting was difficult, because you had to wear fancy clothes, and I didn’t get to change out of the dress I was wearing. It was also difficult because it was incredibly nerve racking. Once we got into our own steady pace though, we were relaxed and fine.
Thank You
         Overall, I want to thank you for reading this blog, I want to thank Mr. Perfors, the tech guy at Columbine, and everyone that presented, watched, or helped with the 6th grade PBL!

No comments:

Post a Comment